Did you know that the first Scratch Card was invented in 1974 by two Americans, John Koza and Daniel Bower, who worked for Scientific Games (now Light & Wonder)? That’s longer than home computers have been around but centuries (if not ) millennia after other forms of gaming like lotto betting were first invented. That’s a surreal fact to know. And why did they invent it? Unlike lotto results (which could take upwards of two weeks back in the 1970s), Scratch Cards results took mere minutes. And that is still part of their appeal today.
Scratch Cards have come a long way since the mid-70s and are now considered a core vital of the gaming experience. The core fundamentals of how they work haven’t changed. You scratch away at a piece of foil to reveal a hidden symbol. Match a certain number of symbols, and you win a prize. Prices are relatively low compared to the prize amounts on offer. Scratch Cards also come in different themes and colours. But the move to the online space and the ‘Evolution of Online Scratch Cards‘ has exploded their potential and popularity. Here are a few reasons why.
- Accessibility = online Scratch Cards provide easy access to a wide range of games anywhere from several devices such as desktop PCs, smartphones, and tablets without visiting a local Scratch Card retailer. The only requirement is an internet connection.
- More interactive experience = the advances in digital technology have made the experience of playing Scratch Cards online even more appealing and engaging in areas such as graphics, animations, and sound effects while replicating the excitement of scratching off a physical card without needing a coin to peel off the coating! Additionally, RNGs (Random Number Generators) ensure fair play.
- Instant gratification = Just like physical Scratch Cards, players can find out if they’ve won or not almost instantaneously, basically the amount of time it takes you to scratch off the virtual coating; minutes, if that.
- Variety = online Scratch Cards offer an extensive selection of themes, designs and prize structures. Within this, online casinos can offer an exclusive range of Scratch Cards based around original and diverse themes, designs and prizes not available anywhere else, such as Lottomart’s bespoke Cash Factor series. These Scratch Cards (comprising just a sample of the range of cards on-site) feature unique themes and prizes. All are available instantly. What is a Cash Factor Scratch Card? Cash Factor Scratch Cards are one in a series of cards we offer at Lottomart. The emphasis is on the bling-bling concept. Cash Factor Scratch Cards are designed with simplicity regarding themes, symbols and gameplay. Everything regarding the Cash Factor cards is intuitive and familiar for maximum engagement and enjoyment. How Do Cash Factor Scratch Cards Work? What Are The Different Types of Cash Factor Scratch Cards? Lottomart offers four Cash Factor Scratch Cards, each with different prices and prizes, from £1K to £100K. Let’s take a look:
- Cash Factor 1K = individual cards start at just 10p for a potential top £1000 prize!Cash Factor 1K = individual cards start at just 25p for a potential top £5000 prize!Cash Factor 25K = individual cards start at just 50p for a potential top £25,000 prize!Cash Factor 100K = individual cards start at just £1 for a potential top £100,000 prize!